The primary diagnosis of students enrolled in the St. Anthony School Program is intellectual disability. A psychological test indicating a fullscale score of 80 or less is required as documentation. Students with IQs higher than 80 may be considered based on:
- The recommendation of a licensed psychologist.
- The presence of an identifiable condition such as Down Syndrome or a degenerative condition.
- The presence of autism, pervasive developmental disorder and/or similar disorders.
- To apply for admission, parents should fill out an application for admission.
Student Application download >
Complete the online application here>.
After the application is received, a three-part process is implemented:
- An admission interview is scheduled. The purpose of this initial interview is to gather background information from the parents regarding diagnosis, skill levels and current placement. Parents are asked to bring copies of the child’s IEP, psychological and other relevant educational records to the interview. The child is also screened at this time to determine basic ability levels.
- A trial visit is scheduled for the child at the inclusive site being considered. While the child is spending time in the resource room, parents are given a tour of the school. This allows the resource room teacher to gather information about the child’s needs and personality in relationship to the other students. It also provides the parents with an opportunity to assess the educational setting for its appropriateness to their child’s needs.
- In some instances, the resource room teacher visits the child in his/her current placement. This allows the teacher to gather information about materials, classroom settings and educational experiences.
All information gathered during the interview process is reviewed for decision making. If the student is accepted, parents are sent a letter of acceptance. At that time, information regarding tuition assistance is also forwarded to the parents.
For additional information, please contact Lisa George for our Elementary Program at 724-940-9020, ext. 105 or via email and Lisa Hendrickson for our High School and Post-Secondary Program, at 724-940-9020 ext. 109 or via email.